Professional Teeth Cleanings & Complete Checkups
Healthy and clean teeth give you a beautiful appearance on the outside and great health on the inside of your body. One of the vital aspects of maintaining your oral health is regular visits to our office for complete checkups and cleanings.
A complete dental checkup at our practice will involve:
- Visual Examination: A thorough examination of your teeth, gums and mouth to detect any underlying problems that may need treatment. We also make use of DIAGNOdent, the latest technology that scans under the hard surface of the teeth using lasers to detect hidden tooth decay and cavities.
- X-Rays: We will take X-Rays of your oral cavity to check for issues that may not be visible to the naked eye. Our practice uses digital X-Rays which emit much less radiation than normal X-rays.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We include screenings for oral cancer as a part of our regular dental checkups. Comprehensive screening for this life-threatening disease will not only ensure that you are free from it, but will also help in administering timely treatment if any signs of trouble are noticed.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Even if you brush and floss regularly, there are deep hidden areas in your mouth where plaque and bacteria can manifest themselves. A professional dental cleaning can help you get rid of these and minimize the chances of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Fluoride applications: Topical fluoride applications help in strengthening the enamel of the tooth and in protecting the teeth against decay. We may also prescribe fluoride tablets if needed.
- Sealants: Dental sealants are a thin coat of plastic applied to the back teeth. They smooth out the grooves and crevices in the back teeth to seal their surface and prevent the manifestation of bacteria, plaque and food particles.
For more information and for appointments, please call the office of Classic Dental Arts at (732) 301-6333.