Inlays and Onlays
Many restoration options are now available for the repair of teeth that are damaged or suffering from mild to moderate decay, so that extraction will no longer be necessary and the tooth can be saved. One of the recommended dental options in such cases is the use of dentalinlays and onlays.
Inlays and onlays are a great alternative to the use of dental fillings or crowns for the restoration of a decayed tooth. They are typically used when the old fillings need to be removed and replaced. An inlay is usually applied at the center of the tooth and the onlay provides a full coverage on the entire biting surface of the tooth.
Why choose inlays and onlays over metal fillings?
- Inlays and onlays are long lasting and durable because the materials used in this procedure are known to last for more than 30 years
- Inlays and onlays are more effective when it comes to increasing the strength of a damaged tooth compared to the metal fillings
- Inlays and onlays are less prone to discolorations
- Inlays and onlays extend the life of your tooth for many years so you will not needto replace or repair your dental restorations again and again
- Inlays and onlays are more effective when it comes to protecting your teeth from bacteria
- Inlays and onlays are much easier to clean
- Inlays and onlays are the best options when it comes to the restoration of a decayed tooth because of their ability to increase the strength and resistance of a damaged tooth. They are tailored fit to the edges of your tooth that is why they are able to provide the best fit.
For more information on inlays and onlays, do not hesitate to give us a call at (732) 301-6333.